Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Guardian - Ending Clip



I had the distinct honor of having watched the movie, "The Guardian" starring Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher on Veteran's Day. It tells the story of the United States Coast Guard's elite rescue swimmers.

As a former U.S. Air Force medic, it seems to me that the USCG are the military's forgotten heros; undoubtedly remembered by those whom they have searched for and rescued, but largely operating unnoticed under the banner of Homeland Security. I admit, I cried while watching this movie. The message of self sacrifice for a total stranger, and being a "fisher of men" was not lost on me.

I pray for the day when there will be no more war and the casualties, wounds, death and destruction inflicted by humans upon other humans made in the image and likeness of God. Until that day comes, I honor those who give of themselves every day, so that others may live.

No comments:

Post a Comment