Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lifting Burdens: The Atonement of Jesus Christ



Apostles of Jesus Christ testify of the Saviors power to heal, change, and purify us through His Atonement.

Witness & testimony in the video above come from members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Members of the LDS church built a settlement not far from where I call home. I have visited and photographed their graveyard and meeting hall site in Amboy, IL. Admittedly, I do not know much about their beliefs. I have only met one Mormon in my life and he was stationed with me during our time in USAF basic military training back in 1989. What I do recall about Caleb was his "holy underware" which I was detailed to launder, and his unwavering faith in doing that which is right in the sight of God and for the honor and service of the United States.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been brutally oppressed in this country over the years, yet, from my brief encounter with one of their members, I can write of no finer example of a man dedicated to selfless sacrifice and heartfelt dedication to the principles of freedom, justice, and the healing power of Christ's love within the souls of all who call upon His Name.

The International Order of Saint Luke the Physician does not discriminate upon any denomination, nor does the World Community for Christian Meditation . It is my prayer that visitors to this blog will respect those of Our Lord's pasture who may be outside the gates of their own sheepfold. We must remember that Christ died for all and that "all good things belong to us" as members of his body regardless of labels or man-made, or self-imposed barriers.

It is only by total self surrender that we come to at-one-ment with Our heavenly Father and this through the example of our elder brother in the faith, Jesus Christ, and in the unity of the Holy Spirit for which he prayed would be our inheritance.

May we not disappoint is my humble prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment